Wednesday 27 May 2015

Rhapsody of Realities - Give Him Your Body - 27/05/2015


Pastor Chris

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service (Romans 12:1).

In our opening verse, Paul was addressing the “brethren”—Christians—not the people of the world! He admonished them to present their bodies to God. You must realize that being born again, you’ve been bought with a price. Your body belongs to God; He only made you a custodian of it; you’re in charge of your body but it’s actually God’s property: “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Corinthians 6:20).

Don’t give your body to sin. Don’t give your body to wickedness. Don’t give your body to lust nor to the devil for his works. Don’t give your body to sickness; give it to the Lord. Let Him have the right to decide what happens to, and with your body. Tell Him, “Lord Jesus, I’ve given you my body; manifest yourself in my body!” If you say that to Him sincerely, you’d be amazed at what will happen in your life; His glory will be revealed in you!

It reminds of a story I read many years ago. This wonderful Christian was in a train and two other guys wanted to play a game; they approached him to join them, because it took three people to play the game. “Oh, I’d love to play with you, but I didn’t come with my hands,” said the Christian gentleman. The two guys were stunned. They could see his hands as he sat with them; so they said to him, “But these are the hands you need,” pointing to his two hands.

Then he said, “Oh, I’m sorry, these aren’t my hands! These belong to Jesus; they’re only used for His glory; that’s why I told you I didn’t have my hands.” He then explained the Gospel to them and led them to receive Christ. The Word of God gave him the wisdom to think like that, and use the occasion to win souls and honour the Lord. That’s the way it ought to be.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege of presenting my body to you as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto you. I refuse to give my body to sin, wickedness, lust, sickness, or the devil. My body belongs to you; your righteousness is manifested therein, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Samuel 12:24 Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. ;
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 13:1-30,
2 Kings 20-22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 13:12-23,
Numbers 30

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities

No comments:

Post a Comment