Monday 18 May 2015

Rhapsody of Realities - “Don’t Look Around!” - 18/05/2015



Pastor Chris

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus… (Hebrews 12:2 AMP).

I remember something the Lord said to me many years ago, which I’ve taken with me in my journey of life; He said, “Don’t look around.” And you know, when God talks to you, He speaks the language of the Spirit, and when you pick it, you just know what He’s telling you. So when He gave me this admonition, I knew exactly what He was saying. He was telling me to be focused.

This is the same thing I’m saying to you now: “Don’t look around; stay focused.” You see, people who get into trouble and get confused in their lives are people who look around; they’re easily distracted. When you stay focused, you’ll discover that God can channel His blessings to you in a remarkable way, because you see the world the way God sees it; you’ll see everything from His perspective. All you need is to set your focus, your attention on the Spirit and His eternal Word.

Sometimes, some people could pray, and not make the right connection, and as a result miss whatever they ought to receive from the Spirit of God at that time. It’s because their focus wasn’t really there. In the realm of the Spirit, you’ve got to set your focus on the Lord for what you want. Don’t allow distractions.

Our opening verse says, “Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus....” To look away means more than just throwing a glance from an object to another. It means to turn away with all of your attention. Once you set your gaze on the Lord like that, nothing else means anything to you but His Word and the Spirit, and what you’re about.

PRAYER
Thank you Father, for as I focus on your Word, in prayer and meditation, my life is improved; my success and promotion are evident! I build my life and my future completely on your Word, with unending streams of testimonies following, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study: 
1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. ;
Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. ;
2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: John 8:31-47,
1 Kings 22
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 11:1-11,
Numbers 21

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities

No comments:

Post a Comment