Saturday 31 January 2015

Dynamic You - Part 3

Most times I wish that I had known or better yet, was taught the Word of God from the time I was a little girl. Learning the Word now, helps greatly, but it would have saved me from plenty pity parties that I often had when I was trying to raise my children as both mother and father.

Looking back, I realised that God was with me fiercely - I was protected by Him, guided by Him and loved deeply by Him. I mean, I didn't know at the time that the Word of God says that the Spirit of God lives in us and the implications thereof. When the Spirit of God lives in us, we fear nothing, we are radiant with His light, His kindness, His strength and His wisdom to differentiate between right and wrong.

I took on anything and everything to progress in career, with one goal in mind: To be able to provide for my family - a decent lifestyle, good education and peace, love and joy. I was hindered though, with anger issues from living in the flesh and not in the Spirit. Whilst I had tenacity to deal with everything, some things I couldn't deal with without getting angry, which was proving detrimental to my own career.

Now, when Pastor Tomison Fashina preached at Dynamic You,  it all made sense.

Ladies I address you specifically in this final installment of Dynamic You.

When you realise how powerful you are, you will forget to look outwardly for anything or anyone to make you complete. When the Spirit of God lives in you, you are already complete.

Pslam 139: 13-18
13 
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! How vast is the sum of them!18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.

Verse 14 says, "I know that full well" that I was fearfully and wonderfully made.  This is something not all of us "know full well".  I didn't know that. I had issues of insecurity from the verbal abuse I endured. Many women I know have come from the same background. We become doubtful about who we are, because of what people say we are. But remember that their perception of you isn't the truth of who you are in the eyes of God. Choose to see yourself as God sees you!

Most times people don't realise our value - the value of women, that is. According to Scripture, Matthew 5:13-16, we are like Salt.... what does salt do to things? It adds taste, and also preserves. Women, if correctly schooled, can be more than they think they are. We are like light - infact, we are light - Let that light shine and light up the world!

Matthew 5:13-16 
Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.



Women, you are Beautiful, complete and victorious. Those of us who are struggling to be free from abusive relationships, due to fears of how we will make it out there - look within ourselves and KNOW that we are more than capable to make it on our own. We don't need to find validation or acceptance from anyone who puts us down constantly. Look for what is important - or more precisely, who is more important. You!

Forget the past - it's dead and buried and if you have effectively dealt with the issues of the past, don't revisit it. If you haven't, face those demons and destroy them, for your future is bright! Tell yourself where you are going, and don't remind yourself of where you were to bring yourself down. Rid yourselves of toxic people who refuse to learn from mistakes and grow. Unless you enjoy being in relationships that consist of continuous arguing and bickering.

Know that the Alpha and Omega is in your camp! Win without apology, advance without apology. Know who you are in Christ. Always remember that before you started this journey in your life, God already declared you as a winner! Just gather the great knowledge that is the Word of God and live it!

Those were Pastor Tomison Fashina's words - Powerful indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment