Sunday 28 June 2015

Rhapsody of Realities TeeVo - WHO'S TALKING? - 28/06/2015


Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
WHO'S TALKING?
(Do you recognize God's voice?)

TO THE BIBLE
John 10: 27 TLB
My sheep recognize my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

LET'S TALK
"Did God really speak to you, Henry?" Michelle asked. "Oh yea, He did!" Henry replied. "Really! What does His voice sound like?" Michelle asked puzzled.
Some folks are just like Michelle. It beats their imagination to think that God speaks to people. They feel He's too busy taking care of "more serious" matters and doesn't have any time for them. Well, the truth is that God really loves talking with and to His children.
You might say, "but I've never heard Him speak. "Its possible you weren't listening when He did. Remember the story of Samuel in the Bible? When he was a young boy, God called him three times, but he thought it was Eli the priest (1 Samuel 3: 4-10). Why? Because when God talks, He does so with the voice of a man, and, a lot of times, He uses a familiar voice.
God can talk to you too in a familiar voice and in a language you understand. But to recognize His voice easily and respond when He speaks, you need to study and acquaint yourself with His word, as God and His word are one. So, start training yourself to recognize His voice today. Don't think you're not important enough for Him to talk to, because you are.

GO DEEPER
Isaiah 30: 21
Job 22: 21-22

PRAY
Dear Father, thank you because I hear your voice which guilds and directs me in every area of life. As I spend time studying your word today, I recognize your voice better and I become more sensitive to your will and purpose for me, in Jesus name. Amen.

ACT
Study and meditate on these scriptures today:
1. Acts 9: 4 - 5
2. Acts 26: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment