Sunday 28 June 2015

Rhapsody of Realities - Angels At Your Service! - 28/06/2015


Pastor Chris
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? (Matthew 26:52-53).

As a child of God, you need to be aware that God has assigned angels to you, to minister, not just to you, but for you. They're at your service: "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:14). So, when for example, you make a decree in the Name of Jesus, your angels enforce it; they see to it that it happens. What do you want done? Give the word and dispatch your angels.

Observe Hebrews 1:14 carefully; it says angels are "...ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" That means they SERVE you. However, they do so under the authority of Jesus; they carry out the things you say in the Name of the Lord Jesus. They don't carry out human instructions. Jesus gave us the power of attorney to use His Name. So, when you use the Name of Jesus, you're no longer using your human authority; you're using the authority of Jesus Christ!

Let's consider the words of the Master in our opening verse. Peter wanted to fight for Him, with his sword, but Jesus stopped him and said, "Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matthew 26:52-53). Jesus was fully aware that if He gave the word, the angels were under obligation to take action! This is for every one of us. He, however, gave us insight into how He was able to command such ministry so easily when He said, "...the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works" (John 14:10).

Angels respond to God's Word (Psalm 103:20). As long as you function within the ambit of God's perfect will, angels will be at your service; they'll be happy to work with, and for you.

CONFESSION
The Lord has sent His angels before me to minister for me daily! As I make declarations of the Word, they're dispatched to establish the words of my mouth and ensure that the words that I speak don't come back to me void. I'm never alone, because the host of heaven is with me always!

Further Study: 
Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Luke 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 13:13-52,
Nehemiah 9-10
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Luke 5:1-11,
Deuteronomy 26

EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities

No comments:

Post a Comment