Tuesday 17 February 2015

Rhapsody Of Realities - Obtain Forgiveness - 17/02/2015


Pastor Chris

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)

The Bible tells us in Ephesians 1:3 that God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ. Forgiveness is one of these blessings that we've been given in Christ Jesus. God already made forgiveness available to you; what He wants you to do is to obtain forgiveness when you need it; just receive it. This is different from asking God for forgiveness of sin. You don't need to keep asking for forgiveness over and again for the same offence; receive His forgiveness as an act of your faith.

The Greek word translated "forgiveness" is "Aphiemi", which means to let go or have freedom. So, the Father's focus is your freedom from sin. By that, I don't mean freedom from the bondage of sin, but freedom from sinning. You were already removed from under the bondage of sin and darkness into the Kingdom of God's Son when you were born again. You've been declared not guilty, acquitted, and free.

Acts 26:17-18 gives us further insight into God's idea about forgiveness. There, the Lord gave Apostle Paul a message for the Gentiles, to open their eyes, "...and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me". Notice the underlined word, "receive"; it derives from the Greek word, "lambano", which means, "to take possession of"; to take something and make it yours.

Just as you don't need to ask for your inheritance in Christ, because it's already yours, forgiveness has also been provided for you in the Gospel. The same way you receive an inheritance is how you receive forgiveness, because the verse we read says, "...that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

If you did something wrong, instead of wondering what to do and thinking whether or not God has forgiven you, receive ("lambano") forgiveness. Say, "Father I acknowledge that what I did is wrong, and I receive forgiveness in the Name of Jesus".

PRAYER
Father, I thank you for the blood of Jesus that speaks my salvation and total deliverance from sin. I rejoice because I know sin shall not have dominion over me, because Christ Jesus died for me, and was raised back to life for my justification, thereby absolving me of every guilt and judgment of sin both now and forever, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Further Study: Hebrews

4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Mark 2:23-3:1-12,
Leviticus 11-12
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Matthew 15:10-20,
Genesis 48

No comments:

Post a Comment