Sunday 2 August 2015

Rhapsody of Realities - ACCEPT THE MANDATE! - 02/08/2015




Pastor Chris

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations (Jeremiah 1:5).
Each time I meditate on the above verse, I'm overwhelmed by the awesomeness of our God! He said, "Before I formed you, I knew you. Before you came out of your mother's womb, I already chose you." This means Jeremiah was chosen before he was born.

Now, the beautiful thing is, this reality isn't only about Jeremiah; it's the same with you. God chose you before you were born. The Bible says, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son..." (Romans 8:29).

The word, "foreknow" used above, means more than just knowing about someone; it connotes "having special interest in." God took special interest in you, and planned your life. Before you were born, He set you apart for a special work. There's a special calling on your life to be His witness.

The Apostle Paul echoed same message when he said, "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood" (Galatians 1:15-16).

Paul knew he was a chosen vessel to turn the Gentiles from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God! No wonder he was so passionate about the Gospel.

There're those who aren't aware of their obligation to preach the Gospel; they keep coming up with excuses. They think the ministry of reconciliation is only for the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers; but they're wrong.

Every Christian has been given the mandate to make disciples and pupils of the nations. No excuse is acceptable for not preaching the Gospel. Take up the mandate to reach the world for Christ! Make this your focus, and experience true fulfillment in your life.

CONFESSION

The glorious Gospel of the blessed God has been committed to my trust, and I'm diligent in making it known to those in my world, and in the regions beyond. My passion for the Gospel is constantly refueled and my enthusiasm, undying! Through me, many are coming to the knowledge of Christ, and into their inheritance in Him, in Jesus' Name. Amen.



FURTHER STUDY

Colossians 4:17
The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my bonds. Grace be with you. Amen.

1 Corinthians 9:16
For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Romans 6:15-7:6,
Psalms 60-63

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 12:35-48,
Judges 8


www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

No comments:

Post a Comment