Wednesday 15 July 2015

Rhapsody Of Realities TEEVO - YOUR SPECIAL ADVISER - 14/07/2015


Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(The Holy Spirit Is Your Counsellor).

TO THE BIBLE:
John 14:16-17 AMP.
“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever—the Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you *constantly+ and will be in you.”

LET’S TALK
There are some issues of life that are not directly dealt with in the scriptures, for which you may require some guidance. For instance, the Bible will not tell you the college to attend after graduating from high school. You may get some advice from the Guidance counsellor in your school but, the Holy Spirit is the One that can best guide you on the right steps to take. He’ll speak to you and give you clear directions on what to do.
In Psalm 16:7, David acknowledged that it was the Lord who gave him counsel. He said, “I will bless the Lord, who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons” (AMP). The Holy Spirit gives you instructions in your heart by which He guides your life. He can tell you to go ahead with something or withdraw from it.
So, rather than rely on the advice from your friends, depend on the Holy Spirit. Spend time with Him through fellowship and meditating on the Word. This way, you’ll recognize His voice and understand His language.

GO DEEPER 
John 16:13-15

PRAY
Heavenly Father, thank you for your precious Holy Spirit, Who gives me counsel. As I yield to Him today, I ask that you help me live in the light of His direction for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

ACT
Write out the areas of your life where you need direction. Taking them one by one, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you on the steps to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment